Dear Students : FYI
SBI Youth for India, the flagship programme of SBI Foundation that enables India’s brightest young minds to work on rural development projects with experienced NGOs. The fellowship offers the best platform in the country to find solutions for rural India’s most pressing challenges.
Presently, the fifth batch of 74 fellows have started their fellowship journey at 35 rural locations across 12 states of India in partnership with 6 NGOs namely BAIF development research foundation, Dhan foundation, Gram Vikas, Seva Mandir, AKRSP-I and Barefoot College.
What’s The Aim of the SBI YFI Fellowship Programme?
SBI Youth for India is a 13-month long rural development fellowship and a flagship programme of SBI Foundation. It seeks to solve rural India’s most pressing problems by:
- Providing educated Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India.
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the Programme alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
Who Are We Looking For?
- A highly motivated graduate, either a young professional or fresh out of college
- Aged between 21 and 32 as on the date of commencement of programme.
- An Indian citizen
- A team player with proactive approach and strong leadership skills
- People-oriented as you will be interacting with rural communities on a constant basis
- Willing to commit to a 13 month long rural fellowship programme and adapt to life in challenging rural conditions
- Stipend: Rs 15,000/- to meet living expenses
- Local Transport Allowance: Rs 1,000/- per month
- A Readjustment Allowance of Rs. 30,000/- upon successful completion of the Fellowship
- To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes
- Medical Insurance
- Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field
- Access to the Community through well-established partner NGOs
- Linkages with premier organizations of the country.
Applications for the year 2018-19 are open. The last date to apply is 23rd of May, 2018