We are pleased to share the Vacancy at Indian Institute for Human Settlements
Organization Name: Indian Institute for Human Settlements
Job Title: Urban Fellows
Duration: 9 months
- Acquire interdisciplinary knowledge across core urban sectors
- Develop skills to engage with real-life urban problems
- Engage with global and local thought leaders
- Acquire interdisciplinary knowledge in core urban sectors
- Gain urban work experience through field-based experiential learning and internships.
- This is a fully-funded program. All fellowships cover costs of tuition and housing in Bangalore. Applicants with significant financial need may also apply for an additional living stipend.
- We encourage students from all disciplinary backgrounds to apply. Fellows should be motivated and passionate about shaping Indian cities. We aim to have a diverse class – across discipline, gender and social identity.
- Ideal applicants will have a Bachelors Degree in any subject or discipline and their age should not exceed 30 years at the time of application. The Fellowship will consider non-degree training and certification programmes done after 10+2 schooling. Applicants without any formal education after their 10+2 may also apply, especially if they have experience of formal or informal work in urban sectors.
- All candidates must have basic proficiency in reading English. There is support available for candidates that have limited speaking ability in English and they are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants must be Indian citizens, or be Person of Indian Origin (PIOs) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs).
- We strongly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, and those from economically and socially excluded communities.
- IIHS aims to create a diverse, inclusive, open, safe and enabling learning environment. It is committed to the principle of not discriminating against individuals on the basis of personal beliefs or characteristics such as caste, class, religion, region, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Urban Fellows Programme at IIHS is part of this commitment to create supportive teaching and learning environments.
- Fellows are also expected to aspire to highest standards of ethics in their personal and professional interactions.
To Apply: Click Here
Apply By: 10th May 2016
As it is an off-campus, students are advised, if shortlisted, kindly make your own arrangements.