Right to Live is looking for interns
Organization Name: Right to live
Stipend: 5000 per month
Intern Title: Social Worker
No. of Interns: 2
About Right To Live (https://www.righttolive.org):
Right to Live is an initiative of the Kote Foundation, a registered Trust founded by Raghurama Kote. Right to Live raises funds for medical treatment of extremely poor people. It was founded in 2012, and since then RtL have funded the life-saving medical treatment for 75 patients, mostly from Karnataka. In addition, there are 20+ patients who RtL helped in obtaining government funds for their treatment.
How our system works:
- Patients are referred by NGO’s, individuals, hospitals, or corporates, or through self-referral. They fill an application and submit all their medical documents. Verification is done.
- Then RtL plan the strategy for obtaining the funds. If they hold a BPL (Below Poverty Line) card, RtL assist the patient in government fund applications. Otherwise, RtL negotiate with the hospital to reduce costs or suggest a hospital providing discounted treatment.
- RtL then create a new campaign for the individual patient on RtLwebsite and appeal to our network for donations.
- Once RtL have secured the necessary funding, RtL assist the patient in getting admitted to the hospital.
- RtL communicate and liaise with doctors and the hospital, making sure the patient is comfortable. RtL follow-up with the patient on their progress and support them financially for post-operative care, if needed.
- RtL transfer the funds to the hospital for the patient’s treatment and the case status is changed from “Patient” to “Success Story” on RtL website.
About the Internship:
- This is a unique opportunity to meet patients of different types, provide consultation, and help RtL in developing a strategy to save each person’s life. You will have hands-on contact with patients and liaison with local doctors and hospitals.
To apply Click Here