We are pleased to share the Vacancy at India Literacy Project
Organization Name: India Literacy Project
Job Title: Project Coordinator
No.of Positions: 2
Location:Ranchi (Jharkhand) ,Patna, Bihar
Compensation: 4.2 lakhs p.a
India Literacy Project (ILP) is a non-profit support organization dedicated to the cause of education in India. ILP acts as a catalyst for 100% literate India, a goal achievable in our life time, by supporting programs supporting children and adults with limited or no access to education. Across India, ILP programs focus on Education for children and young persons, increasing Employability of those in the productive age group, and Empowering communities to access their Entitlements. ILP was established in 1990 in the USA and in 2000 in India. Since its inception, ILP has supported over 100 literacy and education programs across 17 states in India. ILP are currently working in over 1000 villages across 7 states benefitting 2.5 lakh people. More details about work can be accessed at: www.ilpnet.org
- Be a Post Graduate preferably with Education , Social Work, Social Sciences, Rural Development or Science from a regular stream ( not through distance or correspondence courses)
- Have minimum five to seven years’ experience of working with NGOs.
- Have good command over written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Have the basic computer skills to work on excel, word and good presentation skills.
- Be willing to travel extensively.
- Preference will be given to Candidates with working experience on promoting Preschool and school education.
- Experience of working with community development, advocacy and other NGO Program management experience,
- Experience in project planning, monitoring, and capacity building activities.
- Possess child friendly attitudes and aware of the protocols followed while working with children in any set up.
- Aware of legislations for children and education.
- Ready to work government departments and other civil society networks and donor agencies.
- To provide support in project planning, monitoring and review to ILP supported NGO partners in Bihar Region or any other states.
- Plan and timely Implementation of need based capacity building measures to ILP Partners.
- Document the progress and present it to the ILP within specified time limits.
- Timely disbursal of funds and track the utilization of funds.
- To appraise the developments in the field and identify the key issues and discuss with the NGO Chief functionaries periodically.
- Report ILP team on the status on each project on a regular basis including suggestions to improve the ground situation.
- Network with other NGOs, networks and advocacy groups working on child rights, RTE and other issues in the states and play the active leadership role
- Collect necessary information / data / case studies / photos / reports from the partners on their work, progress and impact and report it to ILP.
- To follow-up with any specific campaign or program that ILP may guide or wanting to implement or take up with NGOs in Bihar region.
- Liaison with State Government departments related to children, education and social welfare.
- Build working relationship with specific donors as advised by ILP from time to time.
- Assist ILP team in organizing meetings, training programs or other such events for Bihar Region partners.
- Attend training programs or meetings or discussions anywhere in India on behalf of ILP.
- Any other work assigned from time to time by ILP HQ, which are connected with ILP and are incidental to attain the objectives of ILP.