We are pleased to share the details of the Vacancy at Urban Informatics Lab (IIHS)
Organization Name: Urban Informatics Lab (IIHS)
Job Title: Research Assistant
No.of Position: 1
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
The Research Assistant (RA) position is a full time position located in the Urban Informatics Lab. The RA is expected to assist with the work of the UIL, including preparing data for analysis, analysing and visualizing data and translating findings into outputs for various media.
The candidate will be required to work with members of other teams to assist with various analytical tasks. The RA will also work on other research projects with the Academics and Research teams as and when required.
Activities and Tasks
The responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Preparation of data for analysis – collation, cleaning and validation;
- Data analysis and visualisation using datasets like the Census of India, NSSO unit level data, NFHS data and other relevant datasets;
- Writing assistance on reports, academic papers and other outputs ;
- Other research and institutional tasks as and when required.
This offer is on an exclusive basis, which implies that other professional assignments (whether compensated or not) that bear a potential conflict of interest with IIHS cannot be undertaken.
Structure and Reporting
The candidate will directly report to the Consultant/Lead position in charge of the Urban Informatics Lab. The UIL reports to the Director, IIHS.
- 0-2 years’ work experience;
- Post-Graduate education in Economics / Mathematics / Statistics / Development Studies / Urban Planning / Public Policy with strong skills in Data Analysis;
- GIS and coding skills are an added advantage;
- Proficient in Excel, familiar with STATA/R/SPSS;
- Familiarity with design software is an added advantage;
- Prior exposure to the datasets mentioned above;
- Interested in urban centric research;
- Should be comfortable working with inter-disciplinary teams.
This is a paid full time position with a competitive salary, located in Bangalore. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Review and Assessment
The role and performance of the incumbent shall be subject to normal review and assessment systems at IIHS.
The IIHS is an equal opportunity employer that encourages women, people with disabilities and those from economically and socially excluded communities with the requisite skills and qualifications to apply for positions.
Interested candidates please send an updated resume and a cover letter addressing how you meet the above requirements to:
The People Function
IIHS Bangalore City Campus
No. 197/36, 2nd Main
Also email the same to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject :Research Assistant: Urban Informatics Lab)
Apply by: 16th April 2016
As it is an off-campus, students are advised, if shortlisted, kindly make your own arrangements.