We are pleased to share the details of the Vacancy at Selco Foundation.
Organization Name: Selco Foundation
Job Title: Project Coordinator (Rural Community Lab)
Location: Manipal/ Bengaluru, Karnataka
The Rural Community Lab, Selco Foundation is based out of Manipal, Karnataka and is currently focusing on taking innovative energy and livelihood solutions to rural Karnataka. We are looking for a person who can identify problems in rural contexts, draw local linkages, design solutions and implement the same. RCL focuses on energy access and livelihood issues from a rural lens, understanding local contexts, finding local partners and leveraging the skills of local entrepreneurs.
• Scoping geographical locations to identify work areas
• Mapping locations to identify local resources, stakeholders, partner organisations, local government bodies, entrepreneurs etc
• Identifying areas of intervention and solutions to local problems
• Implementation of local solutions, innovations and projects
• Identifying local entrepreneurs and supporting the same
• Working closely with partner organisations in training and monitoring program implementation
• Having an innovative approach to rural development with a special focus on energy access and livelihood development
• Position is based out of Manipal and Bengaluru partly with large amounts of travel within the state and outside.
• 1 -2 years of previous experience in program implementation especially in rural contexts and bachelors degree in relevant field.
• Worked in livelihood and energy solutions (preferable)
• Ability to coordinate with partner organizations and local government bodies
• Ability to undertake travel based assignments within South India
• Thorough knowledge of the Kannada language
Interested candidates are requested to mail in your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Re: Project Coordinator, RCL’ as a subject line before 31st March 2016
As it is an off-campus, students are advised, if shortlisted, kindly make your own arrangements.